Some of the problems facing by GIS service provider company for GIS service are competitive price, increased staff salaries, unavailability of skilled personnel, incapability to keep existing personnel, Increasing client’s demands, and dull earnings etc. All the above reasons make the companies to think about outsourcing.
Various points come into our mind while choosing a GIS outsourcing services partner .
The Key points may include
• Go through the services provided by those companies whom you are going to outsource your work.
• Analyze your needs and choose the company which can provide all your requirements.
• Go through their website deeply and understand their services thoroughly.
• Check the feedback and testimonials provided by the satisfied customers.
• Whenever you choose a company you have to check all your requirements. Otherwise you have to split up your needs to various companies which may not help to achieve cost benefits.
• The main idea behind the outsourcing is to reduce overheads and achieve cost benefits.
Some of the Outsourcing benefits are as follows
• Access to World Class Capabilities
• Cash Infusion
• Function Difficult to Manage or Out of Control
• Improve Company Focus
• Reduce Operating Costs
• Reduce Risk
• Resources not Available Internally
The GIS services may include
• Image Georectification/ georeferencing
• Customization and Application Development
• Data Integration and data Format Conversion
• GIS spatial analysis services
• Map Digitization / Vectorization
• Enterprise GIS
• Feature Extraction
• Web mapping etc
Then finally we can choose those companies providing quality output, 24/7 customer service, capability to understand the client requirements, deadlines, technologies & needs may be considered for outsourcing.